This Privacy Statement addresses what personal information we collect and how we handle the personal information shared with us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices.
We will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (that is, your name, address, telephone number, or email address) ("Personal Data") unless you provide it to us voluntarily ( OPT IN
) If you do not want your Personal Data collected, please do not submit it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controllers are Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros
By giving your consent to collect ( OPT IN
) your personal data information you are confirming that you are happy to occasionally receive news, information and offers from Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros.
Personal Data collected when you OPT IN
Personal data is defined as any information that could identify a natural person (a data subject) either directly or indirectly
Understand that personal data includes anything that relates to an individual in the EU , including all of the following:
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MOBILE PHONE NUMBER
- BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER
- DRIVER/PASSPORT NUMBER
- IMAGES AND VIDEOS THEY APPEAR IN
- GENETIC OR BIOMETRIC DATA
The information Eakin Bros Ltd collects about you and your vehicle will be used to provide customer and vehicle support services, product information updates, marketing, market research and sales tracking purposes and to contact you to measure and improve our service levels. You may choose to forward information from one of our websites or emails to another person. Email addresses submitted to us for this purpose will not be captured for later use in marketing unless the recipient opts into receiving additional marketing materials from Eakin Bros Ltd.
When you download a 3rd Party Application to your mobile device or vehicle, the 3rd Party Application may collect information about you in connection with your download or use of that application. Eakin Bros Ltd is not responsible for the collection or use of information by 3rd Party Applications. We recommend that you carefully review the privacy statement of each 3rd Party Application prior to downloading or using them.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with us and via our website, products, services and on site CCTV footage.
As you interact with Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information ( OPT IN
). Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or your vehicle as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you or your vehicle through a number of sources: our websites, product and related off site events, test drives or other incentive applications, surveys, social media platforms, competition and prize draw entries. We also receive information about you through vehicle sales records and service records.
We also may obtain information about you and your vehicle from affiliates, licensees for consumer merchandise, partners and other sources such as companies that provide lists of potential vehicle purchasers and current owners, if such companies are permitted to share your information with us pursuant to their privacy statements. Eakin Bros Ltd may collect data from different sources where we have permission to do so - for example but not limited to:
Contact information (such as name, address, town, county and postcode, email address and telephone number)
Vehicle information (such as vehicle registration number, make, model, model year)
Non-credit-related marketing profile information (such as when you plan to service your vehicle, purchase or lease a vehicle in which you're interested)
Relationships you have with us in addition to the purchase and servicing of your vehicle.
Eligibility verification information (such as employer name, or relationship to another person employed.)
We also use information about you from our vehicle sales records.Data Sharing
When you buy, lease or service your vehicle from Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros Ltd, we may share your information with the vehicle manufacturer. Additionally, because we are often the first contact with you, we can answer any questions you may have about its privacy practices.
When completing a purchase or lease agreement or signing a service repair order with the Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros, you should be provided with information describing Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros privacy practices and related policies that explain that certain personal information that you provide to the dealer may be shared with the vehicle manufacturer or others in accordance with this StatementEakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros Ltd may share the information it collects about you or your vehicle in the following instances:
When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request.
With our services providers who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With our business partners for marketing activities, business partner marketing activities or both
With third parties for research and development purposes (such as university research institutes for improving road safety)
We will never sell your information on. Your information will only be disclosed to us or our affiliated or associated companies and companies working on behalf of ("selected third parties").Data Security
Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros uses administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we maintain and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies.They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
The cookies we use do NOT
hold any personally identifiable data about you, such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Please refer to your browser's 'help' facility on how to configure accepting cookies. For more information on cookies and deletion of cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Your data will not be retained for longer than is necessary, and will be managed in accordance with our data retention policy. In most cases the retention period will be for a period of seven (7) years following the expiry of the contract, or our business relationship with you, unless we are required to retain the data for a longer period due to business, legal or regulatory requirements. In any case, where data is retained we will endeavour to delete or to anonymise any personal elements, in order to maintain your privacy and security.Linked Sites
Some links provided in this Site may lead to sites furnished by independent site owners. If you use these links, you leave this Site. The information presented therein is the sole responsibility of those site owners. Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros has no control or responsibility for the content of independent sites and provides these links to its visitors for their convenience. If you decide to access any of the third party sites from this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.Privacy enquiries and correcting your information
- Ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes.
- See a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Ask us to delete any of your personal data (subject to certain exemptions).
- To have any inaccurate or misleading data corrected or deleted.
- Ask us to provide a copy of your data to any controller.
- Lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros 02871 860601, 2 Carrakeel Drive, Maydown, Londonderry, Co.Londonderry, BT47 6UQ
If you do not give consent (OPT IN
) to receiving marketing communications from Eakin Brothers Limited trading as Eakin Bros Ltd your personal information will not be used for marketing, but may still be used for the other purposes described in this Privacy Statement (such as vehicle support and service information).
If you have subscribed to a particular email newsletter or any other form of communication, you should follow the instructions in the email or contact us to review how we communicate with you.
Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by contacting us at the address set out below enclosing a copy of your driving licence or other recognised form of identity.
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the 02871860601 or write to Eakin Bros Ltd, 2 Carrakeel Drive, Maydown, Londonderry. BT476UQ. We will use reasonable efforts to suppress this information from our existing files.
7. Eakin Bros Ltd use administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we maintain and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement.
10. Your personal data is collected, processed, transferred and used by selected or preferred dealers and commissioned or selected suppliers to process your account, request(s) or message(s) and to provide you with the requested customer and vehicle support services. If necessary to fulfil or process your request, Eakin Bros Ltd may also disclose this information to any subsidiaries and affiliated companies, agents and suppliers for the above purposes where the data may be processed or used. For these purposes, your data will be transferred and processed correctly. All steps reasonably necessary will be taken to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with applicable laws. Please read the Privacy & Cookies Policy for more details.
11. The law provides Eakin Bros Ltd to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn't outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your personal information fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively. Eakin Bros Ltd may also use your information, if necessary, to defend legal rights or to obtain legal advice and to manage any complaint you may have. We will always insure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
12. We are permitted to use your personal data when you consent ( OPT IN
). Where we rely on this consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal data you can withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have any questions concerning our use of your personal data, please contact;
Mr J Eakin. Eakin Bros, Carrakeel Drive, Maydown, Londonderry. BT476UQ Updated 28th May 2018.